The Hypnosquare is a 8×8 LED square with 64 RGB LEDs, in a lacquered wood frame.
This is our new manufactured retail version of our 8Square Kit. We decided to change the name to "Hypnosquare" for the retail packaging, but still use "8Square" interchangeably.
The Hypnosquare hardware features:
- 64 RGB LEDs with 4096 colors.
- Simple usage – turn it on and it goes.
- Playback controls - select next or previous visualization.
The Hypnosquare software features:
- 60+ distinct visualizations.
- 10+ transition effects.
- Variable speed randomly smoothed along random paths.
- Dynamic palette morphing for smooth color effects.
- Arbitrary symmetry and affine transform mappings performed dynamically.
- Color, timing, symmetry, and transition randomization for creating unique visualizations on the fly.
- 512-bit random cycle seed saved between power-ups essentially guarantees never repeating visualization cycle.
- Created with 20,000 lines of C code, and several hundred lines of assembler.
- Three 8-bit channels of color computed internally, then dithered down to 4096 colors.
- Displays over 6500 image updates a second to modulate the colors.
- Uses a numerous hand crafted sprites and animations
International customers: Please note that the included power adapter is 100-240VAC compatible, but has a US-style plug on it so you may need a physical plug adapter.