Our 4x4x4 LED Cube kit. Comes with all parts required to assemble the 4Cube.
No programming required - the PIC18 MCU comes pre-programmed with our firmware. Sports 51 distinct "visualizations" with randomized color, speed, and transition effects. Supports control via USB for those that want to control it from their own software.
This product is a kit - assembly is required, including extensive soldering. Please review the assembly instructions before ordering to understand what is required.
4Cube USB features:
- 64 three-color RGB LEDs that can each display 4096 colors.
- Runs on PIC18F4620 microcontroller, which runs at 32MHz (8 MIPS) with 64K ROM and 3.8K RAM. We’ve packed it to the gills and running it fully maxed.
- 51 distinct visualizations.
- 10+ transition effects.
- Variable speed randomly smoothed along random paths.
- Dynamic palette morphing for smooth color effects.
- Arbitrary symmetry and affine transform mappings performed dynamically.
- Color, timing, symmetry, and transition randomization for creating unique visualizations on the fly.
- 512-bit random cycle seed saved between power-ups almost guarantees never repeating visualization cycle.
- Created with 20,000 lines of C code, and several hundred of assembler.
- Code is fourth complete rewrite, so is very polished.
- Three 8-bit channels of color computed internally, then dithered down to 4096 colors on the HypnoCube.
- Displays over 6500 image updates a second to modulate the colors.
- Uses a custom fixed-point 3D engine for image generation, along with numerous hand crafted sprites and animations.
International customers: Please note that the included USB power adapter is 100-240VAC compatible, but has a US-style plug on it so you may need a physical plug adapter. Alternatively you can use commonly available USB chargers (such as those made for phones.)