The Hypnosquare is a 8×8 LED square with 64 RGB LEDs, in a lacquered wood frame.
This is the pre-built retail version of our 8Square Kit. We decided to change the name to "Hypnosquare" for the retail packaging, but still use "8Square" interchangeably.
The Hypnosquare hardware features:
- 64 RGB LEDs with 4096 colors.
- Simple usage – turn it on and it goes.
- Playback controls - select next or previous visualization.
The Hypnosquare software features:
- 60+ distinct visualizations.
- 10+ transition effects.
- Variable speed randomly smoothed along random paths.
- Dynamic palette morphing for smooth color effects.
- Arbitrary symmetry and affine transform mappings performed dynamically.
- Color, timing, symmetry, and transition randomization for creating unique visualizations on the fly.
- 512-bit random cycle seed saved between power-ups essentially guarantees never repeating visualization cycle.
- Created with 20,000 lines of C code, and several hundred lines of assembler.
- Three 8-bit channels of color computed internally, then dithered down to 4096 colors.
- Displays over 6500 image updates a second to modulate the colors.
- Uses a numerous hand crafted sprites and animations
International customers: Please note that the included power adapter is 100-240VAC compatible, but has a US-style plug on it so you may need a physical plug adapter.